Monday, December 28, 2009

365 Project

My friend Kara inspired me to do this. She had been thinking of the movie Julie and Julia in which the girl dedicates herself to blog about her experience attempting Julia Child's recipes for 1 year... 365 days. Kara is going to use her photography and walking as hers and I thought it was a great idea. NOW I just had to decide what I was going to blog about. I was not sure what I wanted to do but I wanted it to be something that would help me change my life and help me with goals that I have for myself as well. So I finally decided on what I was going to do...

I have been trying to find a way to make myself accountable for what I eat each day. I get all these fitness magazines (SELF, Shape, Fitness) and in one of them there was a girl from New York who said that one of the things that helped her was that she blogs everything she eats all day. That makes it public for her followers and that makes her accountable and knowing shes got to put it out there makes her less likely to indulge. Sounds good to me!

I also want to make myself accountable for some form of exercise each day. So each day I am going to blog about doing at least 15 minutes of physical activity. I don't want to limit it to just type of physical activity. I hope that my followers will make sure they see this each day in addition to my food logs and hold me accountable.

Things have been really crazy lately in my life and I think this will help me stay accountable and gain some sense of order back to my life. So starting January 4, 2010 through January 4, 2011 there will be a daily food log and a physical activity log each day. Plus I will be adding my own thoughts and other observations from each day. I look forward to any comments and thoughts that you have about these.

Kara inspired me by inviting me to create my own 365 project and I extend the same invite to you! I am really excited to start this project and I am looking forward to see what can happen from it. If you do decide to start your own 365 Project then let me know and I will be there to support you too! Have a great New Years and I hope to see you back here January 4, 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment