I am starting this pregnancy out 31 pounds lighter than when I started out my pregnancy with Nisee. I am very happy about that and I am hoping to stay with in the 25-35 pounds they say women should gain. Technically since my BMI is considered overweight I should only gain 15 - 25 but that's crap in my opinion and personally if I can keep it around 35lbs then I will be doing good!
I did well with Nisee and only gained around 25 lbs going into my 8th month and then I BLEW UP. I gained 15 more lbs in the next 2 months. Of course I was swelling like crazy and my bestie Brittany is a sweetie and says it was because of that but I looked HUGE and was HUGE! The week after I delivered her I was weighed at the doctor's office and I actually had only gained 10 lbs that I didn't lose after having her. (maybe there was something to what Britt was saying after all!) Then I sat at home with her for 8 weeks after a c-section and gained back almost 20 lbs. I was able to lose that 20 and keep it off but I couldn't get past that until this summer when I finally got back to pre-pregnancy weight and then some for a total of 47 pounds gone. I was the smallest I had been since before Chad and I started dating and I was happy!
So I am just hoping that that this time I can do better and not gain 30 lbs of actual weight. It has been a hard time so far though and I think I have already gained a pound or 2. I am still walking and trying to stay active but I am SO TIRED and my back has already started hurting just like with Nisee. We will see what happens though. I went and got me some healthy snacks and I am going to try to watch to make sure I don't go too crazy with my cravings. But so far this pregnancy I have been SO HUNGRY! I mean I have tried to make sure I am eating just the 300 or so extra calories a pregnant woman needs but then my belly is growling and I am really hungry. I have been drinking 84 ounces of water a day as well as my bad Dr. Pepper. I can't quit caffeine cold turkey because that would be BAD! I have limited myself to 2 - 12 ounce cans per day so it's not too bad. And I will randomly have some OJ or Chocolate Milk in the morning but its not consistent. I am trying to make sure I'm not eating because I am thirsty but I think I am getting lots of fluids so I don't think it is that. Oh well, who knows, right?
I am just going to try to make sure that I am doing all I can to be somewhat healthy and not gain too much! After thursday I will be taking my 6 weeks picture. I took a 6 weeks picture with Nisee and I am going to try to take pics at the same time this pregnancy too so keep a look back for those!
No comments:
Post a Comment