It has been a while since I have been on here and blogged. I have been pretty busy with the girls but mostly I haven't felt like blogging. Odd yes I know! So the title of this blog is Thankful. On facebook a lot of my friends are updating their status each day with something they are thankful for. I have tried to do this in past years and I was doing it last year when I was called to my Mamaw's bedside on Wednesday and there I stayed until she passed. Thanksgiving is pretty much a ruined holiday for me and my family for now but that doesn't mean I can't be thankful for all the blessings I have in my life. My Mamaw enjoyed us all getting together for Thanksgiving but she was a firm believer that you should be thankful every day and I feel that same way. Each night before bed when I am saying my prayers I always start by thanking God for all the blessings he has given me. Sometimes I mention things specifically and sometimes I am more vague. While I like the idea of saying what I am thankful for each day from now until the last Thursday in November when Abraham Lincoln said we should celebrate, I think that for me I will continue to be thankful each day.
To me the best thing about publicly saying what you are thankful for is letting others know you are thankful for them and their contributions to your life. So that is what I am going to do. Please know this is not an all encompassing list but is simply the highlights of what I thank the Lord for each night.
I am thankful for:
My awesome husband! He is my soul mate and I am so lucky that I have him!
My beautiful daughters: Nisee and Lacee, without them I am nothing!
My wonderful parents! They raised me right and continue to love and support me!
My great siblings: Tara and Dusty, I couldn't ask for a better sister and bother
My mother in law: Mary, She is such a great person!
My close friends who have been with me through thick and thin and though we may not talk everyday I know we are still there for each other (Britt, Coley, Steph, Meesha, Kara, Christina, and Kari).
My Grandparents: Nanny Peg, Papaw Lester, Mamaw Evalene, and Grandma Cash. Though some of them are not here with me they taught me so much and loved me so that I can still feel it even though they aren't here.
My Church Hardison UMC! I feel back home again!
My Savior Jesus Christ who died for my sins and My God who sent his only son to die for my sins!
I think that does a good job summing up what I am thankful for each and every day but I am sure there is something that I missed because there are always little things to be thankful for each day!
I really enjoyed this post! I am also very thankful to have you as my friend!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!