A lot of people don't like valentines day and it isn't my favorite holiday by any means but still I think it can be a fun holiday. I went to one of my favorite stores, The Dollar Tree, last week and I ran across some cute things for my girls! Nisee and (believe it or not) Lacee LOVE Disney Princesses and Tinkerbell. Lacee who is recently 16 months old will sit and watch Cinderealla and Tangled, pretty unheard of for a 16 month old. I found some great Princess Borders and Tinkerbell stuff from The Dollar Tree. So I decided to make a little basket for each of my Princesses! They had a great time opening their gifts! I think Lacee loved her Tinkerbell cup the most.
Chad and I don't go all out but we do usually get each other something small like a nice card and maybe some chocolate. I got the sweetest card and a Russel Stovers box of chocolates! Chad got a card and a snickers bar and a butterfinger, his two favorite candy bars! We were both happy! I don't ask for much but I wanted to go see Safe Haven, the new Nicholas Sparks movie, but Chad has to work all weekend now so no Josh Duhmel for me this weekend but maybe soon.
The one thing I don't remember about Valentines day is the massive amounts of candy that the kids get now. Nisee came home with a plastic shopping bag full of candy! Lacee got puffs and some goldfishes. I remember when we were in school we would make a folder out of construction paper and tape it to our desk and then we would get a bunch of valentines cards. They still get those but they all come with Candy now. We might have gotten a random sucker or two but nothing like these kids are getting. Nisee does not care very much for suckers but she will eat one every once in a while and she will NOT eat chocolate unless it is in the form of a chocolate chip cookie. So short of the gummies she got Chad and I now have about 15 suckers and a the equivalent of 3 candy bars of chocolate to either eat or throw away.
Valentine's day started out great but it didn't end that way. I found out around 6:45 that a man that I knew had passed away. I wasn't close to him but he was like an Uncle to my best friend and her sisters. I know that his passing is very hard on them and it makes my heart hurt for them. I wish there was something more I could do to ease their pain. I let them know that I am here if they need me and I am praying for God to provide them comfort during this time. He was a good man and he is living it up in heaven with their Dad! I just know it!
Then today we got the news that my mother in law, Mary, is going to have to put her dog, Jack, to sleep tomorrow. She found out that he has cancer and is losing blood from the tumors. He has been sick for a while and we knew it was going to happen at some point but it is always hard to lose a family member. Jack, who is a chow mix, is 15 which is pretty old for that breed. He has been there since I started dating Chad 8 years ago and he will be missed by all of us. The hardest part is trying to explain this to Nisee. She was only 1 when Mamaw passed and had just turned 2 when Papaw passed so we haven't really had to have this conversation with her. She is almost 4 now and she loves Jack and always has. Jack likes to bark and even when Nisee was a small baby and he would bark she would just laugh! We tried our best to explain that Jack is sick and that to get better he needs to go to heaven to be with Jesus and that when you go to heaven you don't get to come back. She said that Jack couldn't go and that he could just take his shots to feel better. We told her that the only way he could get better was to go to heaven. She is still a little young but I know when she goes to Grandma's and Jack isn't there that she is going to ask questions. I guess we will just have to see.
Wow, Now that I am a blubbering mess I am going to to post a few V Day Pics of the girls and I am going to be lazy and watch some of my shows!
No comments:
Post a Comment