Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cake Pops for Church Dessert Auction and Butter Mints

Our church had a poor man's lunch after church this past week to raise money for the youth group to go to Aquire the Fire in Greensboro.  After lunch they had a dessert auction to raise money for the Relay for Life and the MDA Muscle Walk.  I made butter mints to go with dinner as a dessert and then I made 4 kinds of cake pops for the auction.  I put them in bundles and I think I had around 13 bundles.  I made red velvet cake with cream cheese icing dipped in vanilla chocolate, chocolate cake with chocolate icing dipped in chocolate,  cherry cake with whipped white icing dipped in chocolate, and lemon cake with lemon icing dipped in white chocolate.  All of them tasted great!  They were a huge hit at the auction which I am happy about but even more I am happy that I was able to raise money for 2 great events one of which is very near and dear to me! 




waiting to be auctioned off
Lotus loves mints so I made her a little bag of swirls just for her and dropped them off on our way home from church!

Cross shaped butter mints!  

No comments:

Post a Comment