Sunday, March 25, 2012

Making Dresses

The first dress I made came after I saw the dresses that my sister bought Nisee for her 1st birthday!  I had never heard of a pillow case dress until this point.   It made such great pictures for her 1st birthday that I decided she had to have one for her 2nd birthday so I found a pattern and made her a pillow case dress.  I had to have my mom help me of course because the last thing time I sewed anything would have been in 8th grade home economics class.  I did most of the work but I needed help understanding the pattern.  Then I found this really cool link online about a mock smock dress.  These are probably the easiest thing I have ever seen to make.  The lady is right the material is expensive but you can find it on sale and for a 2 year old you only need a little over half a yard but most places sell it by the inch.  Currenly Walmart has it on sale for $6 a yard and if like my little one you only need 20 inches you can make a dress for about $4.  They also have it on ebay pretty cheap and if you can find the coupons right then you can get it on sale there too.  I have made 4 of them so far.  Then for Lacee's valentines day pictures I made her a pillow case dress.  I am all about sewing now.  I have plans to make a lot more stuff from more dresses to quilts. 

The dress that inspired me to start sewing!


Nisee's Mermaid dress for her 2nd Birthday
My 1st Mock Smock dress in Disney Princesses
 Nisee was tired and didn't feel like modeling
Pillowcase dress for Lacee's Valentines Day Pics
This is 2nd Mock Smock dress I made. I also made a tinkerbell one but I haven't put ribbons on it yet.


Credits:  Mock Smock Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment