Since we aren't going anywhere soon we are going to be doing some house projects to this place. There are a lot of things we want to do to but we don't have a lot of money so we will be doing the most pressing 1st and then working towards the others and of course we have our wish list of things we would like to do to the house. These are not in any specific order of course!
House Projects:
1. Sheetrock the laundry room. It is the last unfinished space in the entire house!
2. Repaint Garage Floor
3. Repaint the Basement
4. Fix AC/Heat Unit in the basement (works but not getting cold)
5. Replace some ceiling tiles in basement
6. Replace Ceiling fans in Kitchen and Spare Bedroom
7. Fix the access doors upstairs in spare room (hinges)
8. Repaint front door and shutters (have paint just need to do it)
9. Clean up brush pile and back of yard
Future Projects:
1. Redo the Bathroom upstairs
2. Repaint living room, stairway, and upstairs hallway all the same color
3. Repaint Kitchen (leave yellow just needs a fresh coat)
4. Repaint and repair all molding
Wish List:
1. Install a new fence
2. Build a new bigger back deck
3. Enclose his and hers closets in Master bedroom and make it one huge walk in closet.
4. Enlarge Master Bathroom
5. New Counter tops and back splash
6. Redo Floors in most of the house. I want hardwoods throughout the house but Chad wants Hardwoods and Tile in the kitchen and bathrooms.
7. Take down wall between living room and kitchen to open up space use columns to support and provide some separation. Requires flipping the kitchen around.
8. Wall Shelves around all of fireplace in Living room. Creates a new place for flat screen above Fireplace.
9. New Front Door
Most of these things especially the wish list won't happen just because those are things I think we would do if we were going to be staying here for a longer time but since we want to move we probably won't spend the money on it unless we happen to get a good deal. It's always hard to pass up a good deal. And of course any of this will help the house sell better. When we bought this place it was 400 different colors. The kitchen Cabinets were Baby Blue and the walls were yellow with White Trim. We painted the cabinets while to make them more neutral. The house had a red front door with blue shutters and yellow siding. Yes you just read correctly! So we painted the front door and the shutters hunter green and it looks so much better and again it flows. I am not even going to describe Nisee's room but now it's all 1 color with no multi-colored stripes. These are already great improvements! Ok that is enough about our house and all the work we want to do.
I am going to give an update about progress on my next goal. My next goal was to lose 6 lbs by Labor day which is Sept. 6, 2010. I am 3 lbs away from that goal to date so I am tracking to most likely hit it. I have lost so much since early June that I have been anticipating things to slow down and they have but I am still making progress so I am ok with it. I am actually really excited about this weight loss. I can really tell a difference in my body from the working out and the watching what I eat. I work out at least 5 days a week and I keep my calories between 1200 and 1500 everyday. It's a good feeling. I am really pleased with the changes so far and I can't imagine how great it is going to feel at the end of this journey when I reach my final goal. I am not going to post a bunch of pictures b/c I am still a little shy about that but here is one that shows some of my progress. The 1st one is Me in May at Nisee's 1st Birthday Party and the 2nd one is me yesterday. Everyone have a great Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment