Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

This Christmas was great except for a few things.  Nisee and I went to see Brittany and Brayden on the 22nd.  Normally we all get together but things were just so crazy this year so we decided to do it with out Michael and Chad as they were working.  On the 23rd we did Christmas with Matt, Stephanie, and Evans!  We went to see the Tanglewood Festival of Lights and to eat Mexican!  It was a blast and there were unforgettable experiences!!!  Christmas Eve was at my parents house.  We exchanged gifts with my parents of course, Tara, Justin, Dusty and Heather.  Mostly it was gifts for Nisee and she got great gifts! Christmas Day we did Christmas at our house that morning and then Christmas at Chads Mom's for Lunch.  Then we normally head to My Nanny Peg and Papaw Lester's for Dinner but this year we didn't get to go because of the snow.  This was particularly hard for me to handle because this was the last Christmas I was going to have with Papaw Lester and the 1st Christmas without Mamaw Evalene.  I spent a good part of that evening crying my eyes out and being mad at the snow.  We made the decision not to drive for Nisee's saftey (and ours).  We would never forgive ourselves if something happened to her and Nanny and Papaw completely agreed and understood! Once I talked to Papaw it made me feel better about not being there.  My brother had already at 4:30pm wrecked his Jeep.  Luckily he just got suck up really good when he slid off the road in a curve and both him and his jeep were fine.

The day after Christmas we woke up to a blanket of white (we had gone to bed to one too).  We got about 6 inches of snow and while the roads while the snow was falling were not good they seemed to get much better by lunch time that day.   Last year we had a huge snow and the end of our driveway is shaded so there was about 4 feet of ice and snow at the end of it and it made it horrible to get out of the driveway.  I ended up in our ditch 2 times and it was all we could do to get me out of it!  So I pledged that this winter I was going to make sure I cleaned off the driveway so we didn't have that happen again.  So about 10 am I started clearing the drive way and I cleared the entire thing! AND it was so worth it!  By the late afternoon our entire drive way was almost dry!    Around lunch time we headed to Nanny Peg and Papaw's to spend a few hours and do the Christmas that we missed from the day before!  It was great !!!


I love working with chocolate now!  Chad's sister Carrie and her husband Roger love chocolate dipped Oreos and so I decided that since we weren't exchanging gifts this year (we are all broke) that I would make them some and well I kind of went over board and made enough for the entire family!  I took a few pictures. Towards the end my green got a little hot so it looks a little funny.  MY TIP for making dipped Oreos is to use only the name brand!  They taste so much better than the generic!

Below are some pictures from our Christmas!  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment