I can't help but think back to my last pregnancy and what a rough time I had with it. As most of you know my pregnancy with Lacee was anything but easy. There is a lot more in depth information in my blog archives but in short we were told that Lacee would not survive. I remember the day exactly, it was June 8th. I had been referred to Maternal Fetal at Baptist due to the suspected growth issues with my pregnancy. Earlier I had been told that I was at much higher risk for a genetic disorders because of quad 4 testing and other factors and that was if she even made it. They did an ultrasound to check her growth and the news was very bad. The doctors told me that I would lose her and that I should consider my options and in my belief there were no other options (which is a dang good thing) but to let time tell. And Time did tell. Every week I was told to prepare to go into the hospital and to be ready to deliver and have a lengthy NICU stay but every week Lacee kept proving them wrong. The baby that they told me would not make it was delivered at 38 weeks FULL TERM completely healthy just a really small! She was only 4 lbs 7.2 ounces.
Sometimes I think we forget how blessed we are. Things with Lacee could have been so much worse and we are so blessed that we got the ending we prayed so hard for. So I ask that you pray for this family and this baby because they could really use it!
No comments:
Post a Comment