Saturday, January 26, 2013

Testing out my 5k abilities

Since I am doing the Color Run which is a 5k on March 16th I decided to see what my 5k time is at right now.  So I jumped on my treadmill tonight and I busted my tail and did a 5k.  I started out with a 5 minute warm up walk at 3.0 mph and then I started running (well jogging) at 4.0 mph for 1 minute and then walking for 1 minute at 3.0 mph.  I did this until I reached 20 minutes.  Then I started running at 5.0 mph for 1 minute and then walking for 1 minute at 3.0 mph and I did this until reached 35 minutes.  I was at roughly 2.25 miles at this point.  Then I started running for 2 mins at 4.5 mph and walking 1 minute at 3.0 mph and I did this until I reached 50 minutes and 3.1 miles.  After that I did a 5 minute cool down at 2.7 mph. I am happy because I have cut about 6 minutes off my 5k time since December 3, 2012.  I would love to be at 40 mins by the color run and I have just under 2 months so we will see!

Total Distance, Time and Cals! Go ME!

Yes that is Chad working out!  He's supporting me on my journey and trying to get more buff himself! 

Super Red Faced as usual! :) Happens after every work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment