I am SUPER tired. I only got about 4 hours of sleep night before last and only 4 last night. I am running on EMPTY! I just wanted to take a quick minute and update on Nisee's surgery. She did great today! Her surgery was at 7:30am and we had to be at there at 6:00am so that meant we had to be up at 5:00am. We checked in and they took us back to pre-op and Nisee pretty much just got to play in her hospital gown for the hour we were back there. They verified all their information and told us what to expect but with children her age they do not put any IV's in until she is asleep. About 20 minutes before they took her back they gave her some medicine that made her really loopy and sleepy. She was so peaceful and it was really hard for me to let them wheel her away. Needless to say I cried but not too long which goes to show the level of trust I had in Dr. Burton. He did a great job and was very reassuring while being direct at the same time. That is important to me. The surgery took about an hour. They took out her adenoids an put tubes in her ears. Dr. Burton came out to us in the waiting area and told us that all went well around 8:20am and that he was very glad that we did the surgery. He said she had a lot of "goo" in her ears and that her adenoid tissue had almost covered her nasal passages and he was not sure how she was breathing at all. He feels certain she will be greatly improved once the swelling goes down in about a week. About 20 minutes later they called us back to recover to see her. She was screaming. They prepared us for this earlier b/c children her age do not understand the disorientation that the anesthesia causes. Even prepared it was hard to see her. She had an IV in her foot and some blood on her ears. I rocked her for about 45 minutes. She would not go to Chad or My Mom for a long time. Towards the end she went to My Mom for a little while and then when we got her dressed in her clothes she started waiving at all the nurses. She was ready to GO! It was cute and funny! She was already starting to come around. She was still back and forth between sleeping and screaming with brief moments of content. We got her home around 11:00am. She has been doing well the rest of the day. She even played some this evening. Her appetite is good. We are just really glad that she is doing so well. I think better than expected. She is just draining all over the place. It's really kinda gross. I think she is going to be so much happier when she gets over this! Well we are off to bed because we all need sleep after a day like today. I want to say Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers for us.
on a sadder note please pray for my Papaw Lester. They had to take him to Baptist tonight. He started throwing up and sweating really bad which are signs of a heart attack and he has really bad heart problems. The last I know is that he is feeling some better but he is still there and we haven't gotten a final word from the doctor yet. So please remember him in your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment