Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day and Temporary Layoffs

Father's Day was great yesterday but the night before we did not get any sleep. Nisee did not want to sleep at all. Not sure why but she didn't. For Father's day we went to Breakfast for Chad then to visit my Mamaw Evalene then to Papaw Lester's for homemade ice cream and finally out to dinner with my Dad. Chad's father passed away back in 2005 so we just celebrate for him.

I have told some close friends and my family about this but I haven't told anyone else really. That is until now. Chad found out last Monday that he is being put on temporary layoff starting today for 2 weeks. Ok so if it only lasts for 2 weeks then we can handle that but what if it lasts for longer? We don't even know how much unemployment that he is going to get yet. So we are in a wait and see pattern and for anyone who knows me that is so hard. I like to be in charge and I like to be in control. But since there really isn't anything I can't do about it I guess I will just have to learn to handle it. It is driving me crazy though.

I also have to go back to work today. 12-9 all week. YUCK! I have enjoyed being at home with Nisee so much this week that I really do not want to go back. She's growing and talking so much. It is harder now that when I went back after Maternity leave.

Nisee has offically taken steps. She took 1 step unassisted on Saturday and Sunday she was taking up to 4 steps alone! She still hasn't taken off running but she is on her way! I will soon have a toddler!!! Below are just a few pics from Fathers day.


No comments:

Post a Comment