Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1st Doctor's Visit for Baby Pangan #2

Well today was my 1st OB visit for Baby Pangan #2 and as anyone who has ever had a baby knows this is a visit where they do a lot of things.  After speaking with the nurse and telling her about all the health issues of my parents, siblings and grandparents she took me back to the room for the physical complete with pap ... UGH!  Then the nurse practitioner speaks to you about all the pregnancy stuff: limited caffeine, only gain 25 lbs (haha yea right?!), well you get the idea!  Normally they send me down the road for blood work but they have expanded their services now and they do blood work in the office so after the physical and talk they took me to have my blood drawn. They took 5 vials of my blood.  I mean was that really necessary?!  As I was sitting there and she kept picking up vial after vial I was wondering if she was ever going to stop!

Then came the best part of the day!  I got to see our Baby!  They did an ultrasound to confirm my due date.  My original due date was Oct. 20, 2011 but when they did the ultrasound and measured they said around Oct. 16, 2011 now.  She measured a lot because the baby was all balled up and she was trying to get a good measurement.  She got the 16th twice, 18th, and 19th but since all the dates she got were around the 16th she decided to leave it there because they usually don't move it for less than 5 days.  If they need to change the date they can always do that at the anatomy ultrasound at around 17 weeks along.

The heart rate was at 144 beats per minute which is really good!  It is always so amazing hearing the heart beat!  Seeing and hearing the baby makes it all more real!  I mean you know you are pregnant but there is just something about seeing that little blob and hearing that sound that just solidifies it in your mind and in your heart!

So without further delay I would like to present Baby Pangan #2

Baby Pangan #2 at 7 weeks and 3 days

A little closer picture

1 comment: