Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Eating Crow and Vans

Most of you know Chad and I are expecting a second child in October but most of you probably didn't know that we only have 1 car that we can all fit in.  Chad drives a 2 seater truck and I have my matrix of course.  On a normal day I drop Nisee off at Daycare and Chad picks her up which is fine now BUT when Baby#2 gets here we are going to have a problem! So we just planned to look for a car later this year or 1st of the year next year because I get a lengthy maternity leave and if all goes well I won't be going back to work until January 2012.

However, Sunday on the way to church we came across a van for sale in Mocksville.  We both figured it would be too much for us to afford but then we pulled up and the price they were asking was pretty decent and the miles were good too.  So I was wondering what's wrong with it.  After church I called the number and I we set up a time to go look at the van.  I got my Mom and Dad to meet us there too.

When we looked at the van and it was really nice!  It had everything but the media package.  Automatic side doors and back hatch really peaked my interest. Overall the engine looked good and it ran well.  The inside was for the most part clean but the floor mats needed some work but you can always get new floor mats.  You could tell that she had kids and well if we got it we would be getting it because of kids.  Chad nor I are neat freaks about our cars anyways.  For me as long as it runs and looks semi decent then I am all good! LOL

We told her we were really interested but we had to discuss a lot.  We looked it up on NADA and based on the miles and condition what they were asking was over 5K less than retail on the van and 2K less than trade in.  So it was a great deal!  Now came the decision of if we were really going to do it.  We thought about it for a couple days and finally decided that we wanted it.   I am getting to the crow part soon but this back story is appropriate.  We are finalizing things early next week and we will have the van then! :)

We are really excited about getting another vehicle with more room.  My parents have a place at the coast and with Chads family in Pittsburgh we travel a lot.  It is really difficult to pack all our stuff in my car and make it 8 hours to PA comfortably with 1 kid much less 2!  We borrowed my Mamaw's van for a trip to Atlanta and for a few trips to the beach and we loved the room. 

Ok finally the crow part!  I always swore that I would NEVER EVER EVER have a van no matter what. BUT now after borrowing my Mamaw's and finding a great deal on this one ... Well we just couldn't pass it up. SO this is me eating crow! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment