Thursday, July 28, 2011

Here we go again!

Normally gestational diabetes leads to large babies this is a medically proven fact.  So with Lacee's IUGR I just knew that my sugar levels were going to be fine.  Needless to say I was WRONG!  Yep, Dr. Dorton's office called yesterday afternoon to let me know my sugar levels were high and that I now need to do a 3 hour test.  I have to follow a special diet for 3 days and then I have to go into the doctors office and they will draw my blood 4 times over 3 hours.  The high end of the normal range is 139 and my sugar was at 154.  So I was 15 points above the high end of the normal.  They said it is not the highest they have seen but still high enough that I have to do the test.

So here we go again just another thing that I have be tested for.  I tell you these doctors visits and all this is starting to get to me.  I must say I have been doing a pretty good job of keeping it together during all this but I am tired of doctor's appointments and I am tired of the constant worry!  I am just tired!  I know they are just trying to make sure that our Lacee gets here and is as safe as she can be but sometimes I just want to scream!  I guess the best thing to do is to just pray that all turns out to be alright at the end of the 3 hour test and that the 1 hour was just a fluke! 

No comments:

Post a Comment