I did talk to Dr. Grandis about the 37 weeks and he said that is typically when they deliver but that he is not planning that far ahead and that we should take it one week at a time. He said that there are 2 kinds of IUGR. The 1st is the IUGR that is present throughout the pregnancy and the 2nd is IUGR that shows up in the 3rd trimester and this kind can put much more stress on the baby and tends to require the earliest deliveries. He did say I would not go to 39-40 weeks. So just to make sure we are as prepared as possible we are going to plan on 37 weeks but if she decides to show up at 35 weeks that is still possible too!
We also talked about the gestational diabetes and he said if it does come back that I have that then we might wait a little further to deliver if possible because sometimes gestational diabetic babies are behind other babies. He said it will just be another symptom they add and monitor. He said that he doesn't think that her IUGR is related to my metabolic issues and he thinks that Lacee's DNA just has her being small for some reason.
I really like Dr. Grandis. He is very funny but serious and can put you at ease. He reminds me to Dr. Dorton a lot and maybe that is why I like him so much. I am still not sure where I am going to deliver if I get her to 37 weeks. I really love Thomasville but I still feel like I might be better off at Forsyth just because of the NICU which they do not think she will need at that point. Oh who the heck knows! I might just wait until 36 weeks and decide then!
![]() |
| July 28th Profile! Lacee at 28 weeks! |

No comments:
Post a Comment