Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Baby Story

This is the story of my pregnancy with Nisee!

Chad and I found out we were pregnant on 9/ 3/2008. I realized that I was late and I decided to take a pregnancy test and so I went to target at lunch and bought one of their brand tests that had 2 in it. So I came back to work and took the 1st test in the bathroom and BOOM it said positive! I about had a heart attack, of course.  So I stuck it back in the wrapper and in the box and came back to my desk.  I then drank 2 20oz bottles of water and took the second one about 45 mins later and it said positive too. It was much lighter than the 1st one but positive none the less. I called Chad and I told him and he was happy but he wanted to take a name brand test just in case so he went to Rite Aid and got a box of 2 Clear Blue Easy tests. Both of those were positive too.  The Obgyn requires a visit to confirm pregnancy so they allowed me to go to my nurse practitioner at work and get a test and fax the results to them.  Of course her test also said pregnant too.  So after 5 tests I was finally pregnant or more like I actually believed I was.  

My due date started at 05/09/2009. We were both excited and I told my Mom and Dad first and then Chad told his mom.  We told a few more select people but mostly we kept it to ourselves until we couldn't take it anymore and told everyone in late September. 

Before we made the full announcement I actually made an early trip to the doctor due to issues with excessive back pain on 9/22/2008.  My 1st official visit was not until 10/1/2008 but they wanted me to come in.  They did an ultrasound and said all looked alright but they changed my due date to 5/16/2009.

My Time Line:
9/22/2009 - 6 weeks,1st problem visit, ultrasound 1, They did an ultrasound to make sure the pregnancy was not tubal.
Baby at 6 weeks
Me at 6 weeks (no baby belly yet mostly a before picture)

10/1/2008 - 7 weeks, 1st official visit
10/24/2008 - 10 weeks, ultrasound 2,  They tried to hear the heart rate but could not with the hand held device so they did another ultrasound and we got another picture! Her heart rate was 166 and she was moving all around. 
Baby at 10 weeks

11/21/2008 - 15 weeks, Dr's visit
16 weeks, starting to show

12/12/2008 - 18 weeks, ultrasound 3,  This was the anatomy ultrasound and It's a GIRL!  She looked wonderful and  healthy! She was 9 inches from the tip of the head to her toes.  She weighed about 9 oz. at the time. She measured at 18 weeks and 3 days and I was only 17 weeks and 6 days today and for just 4 days they won't change my due date.  We named her Nisee Emalene Pangan!   Nisee pronounced "neecee" is after my little sister Denise,  (we used to call Nisee Bug) who passed away.  Emalene is after our grandmothers on all sides! 
Hi Mom 18 weeks
Hi Dad 18 weeks
Laughing!
Profile
Its a Girl!
Its a girl!
Foot
Face
Christmas Pictures 19 weeks

12/27/2008 - 20 weeks, 1st felt baby move
21 weeks

1/12/2009 - 23 weeks, Went to the doctor because I was having sharp back pains from my lower back that were going down the back of my legs and basically she was on my sciatic nerve and stayed there for the next 17 weeks. 

There is a baby in there! 24 weeks

2/6/2009 - 26 weeks
Steelers win Superbowl ... I can barely get into my jersey! 26 weeks

Nisee's Nursery

3/11/2009 - 31 weeks, 3D ultrasound,  We loved this and Nisee was weighing at 3lbs and 13 oz at only 31 weeks.  She was still a girl and the DVD we have is a priceless treasure!
3D 31 weeks
3D 31 weeks
3D 31 weeks
3D 31 weeks


3/14/2009 - 32 weeks,  My parents had me a shower at their house. Nisee got tons of stuff and we had over 60 people there! It was great and the theme was a Star is Born!
Shower at My Parents 31 weeks

3/22/2009 - 33 weeks - Hospital visit number one for sickness.  I will say that I never actually threw up during my pregnancy until this.  I was in so much pain near the top of my uterus and it was killing me and it had started a few days earlier and had not gone away.  So long story short after puking my guts up and the pain not going away I called the doctor on call and he said I could come to the hospital and they could check me to be sure or I could wait but that it was up to me.  This being my first pregnancy and me being a little OCD I decided that I would go.  So Chad took me and after hooking me up to the fetal monitors Dr. Dorton checked me and I was OK.  Nisee was great and she was kicking the monitors!  So they sent me home and they were glad that I came in because they could see that I was in pain and with my back already messed up they had me keep my appointment for later that week.
33 weeks

3/26/2009 - 33 weeks, this was just a regular doctors visit.  They had me still come in since I had gone to the hospital just the Sunday before.

3/28/2009 - 33 weeks, Baby Shower #2 hosted by my Sister Tara and Stephanie Steele!  The Theme was Rubber Ducks!  We had an awesome time and even played the whats in the diaper game! 
Me and Mama at my 2nd Shower hosted by my sister Tara & Stephanie 33 weeks

4/8/2009 - 35 weeks, Swelling starts big time from this point on.  I had swelling before this but it was usually after a long day of being on my feet.  From here on out I am just always swollen!  Oh and I also had another doctors visit this day.
Easter at Mamaw Evalene's  35 weeks

4/15/2009 - 36 weeks, Work Showers!  I got surprised with not 1 but 2 work showers!  1 from my team and 1 from my fellow team leaders and managers!  It was great and I got awesome stuff! I also went to the doctor and got good news that I was 50% effaced but no dilation and her head was still floating.

4/22/2009 - 37 weeks, Doctors visit and all was well and I was a WHALE!
37 weeks and HUGE!

37 weeks, Me and Chad AND my belly!
37 weeks kiss, Belly in the way!

5/1/2009 - 38 weeks, Doctors visit and all is well.  Just ready to have this baby! 
Me and Britt at Brayden's 3rd Birthday Party, 38 weeks

5/4/2009 - 38 week,  Chad took me to the doctor this day because of severe back pain.  After seeing Dr. Ellis he said I was 75% effaced and -3 station which means she was in the canal but still really high.  BUT he did write me out of work and put me on some meds and said go home and REST!  

5/8/2009 - 39 weeks, This was the last Dr's visit I had before I went into labor.  I was supposed to have another doctors visit the day I went into labor and delivered. 
At the Hospital, 39 weeks 6 days


The next week was the longest week of my life!  I think I cried every day and wished Nisee would just get here and by that Thursday I had resigned that she was never coming and I was going to be pregnant forever!  Little did I know she was coming sooner than I thought!









No comments:

Post a Comment