Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Birth of Nisee

This is the story of my labor with Nisee! This was a journal entry that I wrote two days after Nisee was born.

Nisee was born May 15, 2009 at 7:33pm via c-section.  She weighed 7 lbs 13oz. and was 20.5 inches long. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen!

Well you know about all the pain for the past 2 weeks with my back and the random bouts of contractions and then Thursday night I was feeling really good when I went to bed but Friday Morning was another story. I woke up a little before 6 with contractions that would not go away. They started at 6 mins apart but gradually got closer most of them coming 3-4 mins apart and lasting for around 30 seconds. Chad said that I was wimpering in my sleep like I was in pain and I even woke him up but that I didn't wake myself up. I think this was b/c of the darvacet that I was on for the back pain that Dr. Dorton had given me on Tuesday.  I stayed at home with these from 6-10am. I then called my OBGYN and they said go to the hospital. So I did and well they got me hooked up the all the monitors and I was having the contractions but I was not dilated at all.   So they watched my contractions for the next 30 mins and got concerned because with each contraction I had her heart rate would drop from 150 to 120 and that's not good. So they hooked me up to an IV and started me on heavy fluids and made me lay on my left side. This helped but didn't fix the problem. So they came back later and checked again and still not dilated!   So they hooked me up to Petosin to see if they could get me dilating and to see how she reacted to the harder contractions. Well she had the same reaction. It was a little drop but not as bad so they said that was ok. I still didn't dilate with the petosin so they took me off of it but I was still having contractions every 3 mins and they were lasting longer now around 45 seconds.  Dr. Dorton said that my cervix was the worst he had seen at 40 weeks. It was like a 34 week cervix.  So he gave me 3 options: 1) do a c section today 2) go home and come back tomorrow am and they would try to induce but that due to my cervix I would probably end up with a c-section anyways 3) go home and come into the office on Tuesday and they would check my progress and induce Wednesday which could still end in a c-section. He said it was up to me and Chad to decide and that they would give us sometime to discuss it. The nurses came in and talked to us some more about all 3 options. After talking it over with Chad he said that he felt that he could wait but the he knew with the pain that I was in and that she was full term that we should do the c-section that day. So we decided that we would do that. Also since I had been in labor for so long already that it seemed pointless to wait or to put myself through more pain so we just said do it today. We let them know and they said that we would know soon if they could do it today or if it would have to be tomorrow morning.  Well we found out around 4 that they would do it that day and they at 1st said it would be done around 5 but they had a trauma come in so it wasn't done until around 7.  Then once they got in there they were glad they did the C-section. Both Dr. Dorton my Ob and Dr. Williams the pediatrician said that she had lots of meconium all over her. Some is normal but she had lots and they felt that there would have been much more danger of ingestion had they waited for vaginal birth or did a section later. So all in all we made the right decision! She was beautiful and healthy. The worst part of the whole ordeal was the IV. I got no pain meds the whole time I was in labor, all 12 hours, and the Spinal Block was not as bad as I thought. They also had to give me nausea meds for the Spinal but thats all. The pain from section is not as bad as I imagined but it's definately something that requires pain meds to get through. A lot of people had asked so I wanted to let you know how we ended up with the c-section and getting our little girl on Friday!

Nisee is so awesome! She is the best and most beautiful baby ever! I know am a little partial as she is mine and all that! I really did not realize that I could love anything as much as I love her. Chad and I are just so head over heels for her. She has him wrapped all ready and me as well!  I am still not ready to have another for a very long time!

AND now its picture time ...










No comments:

Post a Comment