Friday, June 10, 2011

Two doctors visit with No BAD news

So today was my regular OB visit. Normally it would be next week that I would go but since I ready had the visit scheduled the Dr's at Baptist said that I could just keep this appointment.  It was comforting to have a normal OB visit, where they check for proteins in urine, check your BP, and listen to the Lacee's heart rate.  All was normal and her heart rate was great.  Dr. Dorton and I went over what Baptist has sent them and this is why I love Dr. Dorton because he was very positive and comforting after it.  A good bedside manner goes a long way esp. with emotional pregnant women.  It was also a nice change from the gloom and doom of the doctors at Baptist.  I know they have to give you the whole picture but it's still nice to have someone be a little positive.  Not about the whole situation of course but just trying to find a little positive thing for me to hold on too like Lacee's heart rate being great today.

Another Doctors visit without Bad News today was Nisee's Surgery!  She needed her second set of tubes and she had them put in this morning.  She did AWESOME!  The surgery over in 20 mins and we were in and out of the hospital in less than 2 hours.  She has been in a great mood all day and you would never know she had anything done this morning!  She hates doctors and nurses normally.  It's nothing personal but after all the trouble shes had she is just not a fan!  This time I had the great idea to take in her little dvd player.  AND It worked great!  They have TV's but they are really high up and she did not like that.  But she loved watching "Mermaid" on her dvd player and did not cry at all before they took her back.  She did cry when she came out because the anesthesia gases caused her to be disoriented but that didn't last more than 20-30 minutes and when we left she was telling the nurses "bye" and asking to watch "mermaid" in the car on the way home.  She was a little subdued until after her nap this afternoon but this evening she has been all over the place. Below are a few pics of her at the hospital.





No comments:

Post a Comment