Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I am sure Tom Petty and Heartbreakers weren't the 1st ones who coined the phrase "the waiting is the hardest part" but they sure did a good job with the song.



Tom Petty has been quoted as saying that this song for him was about the anticipation before a gig but that it really resonates with so many people because waiting is hard to do for anything whether it be a new house, a wedding, a paycheck, a baby or in our case another ultrasound.  When I say I am not a patient person that is putting it mildly to say the least so this waiting is just torture for me.  Even Chad who is one of the most patient people I know is anxious and ready for the next ultrasound!  Waiting can be hard on anyone and it can be especially hard when you're waiting for news that is so important like this.

The only thing we hold on to is the heart beat we listen to each morning and each night and the little movements I feel each day.  I made the best investment I have made in a long time when I decided to buy a friends fetal doppler.  Even though we don't know if the fluid levels are going up or staying the same or if Lacee is growing; at least when we hear the heartbeat (and it it sounds so good and strong like it always has) we know that things are ok at that moment.  It has been such a blessing and has kept us sane!

I like countdowns!  Some people don't but I do!  So I created one for our next ultrasound!  My next visit is June 22nd in the late afternoon and we have exactly 1 more week to wait!




I am also not going to Pittsburgh with Chad and Nisee this weekend for the wedding.  Chad is still going with Nisee, his mom, his sister, and brother in law but we felt that it would be best if I stayed closer to home near my doctors.  I will be their chauffeur to and from the airport of course!  It is going to be difficult to be away from Chad and Nisee for 2 entire days and nights but My sister will be in town and My mom is going to probably come stay with me.   I am going to miss them like crazy!  I haven't been away from Nisee this long EVER and it has been since 2007 since I have been away from Chad more than just 1 night!

No comments:

Post a Comment