I should start by saying I am NOT typing this from my hospital room! I am comfy on my couch at home! This was all because today's visit went so much better than we expected. To be honest I don't think Chad and I spoke more than 10 words to each other on the way to the doctor's office. We were both so nervous and we had both resigned that this was going be just more bad news. When they scanned me this time they were not checking growth because they don't check growth but every 2 weeks. They were mostly concerned with the uterine artery Doppler and the results off this. The uterine artery Doppler showed that the blood flow between Lacee and the placenta was good! Also the fluid around the baby looks good! Dr. Decker explained that it was a little low but still in the normal range. Due to this they do not think that there is a problem with the placenta anymore. Her heart rate is good and they said her heart looked good BUT due to family history they are sending me to have a fetal echo so that a cardiologist can review to make sure there isn't anything they are missing. I go for that appointment on July 20th. I am to come back on July 6th for my 2 week scan to check growth. They are also going to do another uterine artery Doppler as well as do a fetal well being assessment which includes a study of how Lacee is breathing in the fluid, her movement and 2 other things that I can't remember right now. The only bad thing out of this visit is now we are back to NOT knowing why she is not growing like she should. There is still a chance that it could be a chromosome issue that we don't know about or something worse but we are trying to not think like that. Dr. Decker said that structurally Lacee looks good and so we have to continue to monitor me and her. I have to come prepared to go into the hospital again next Wednesday at my appointment and this will pretty much be par for the course. We will be going week to week from now on. We consider this a small victory and we are going to take a few days to enjoy a little good news! On a side note Tuesday night Chad was able to feel Lacee kicking 3 times. This is the 1st time hes been able to do that. OH and I also got more clarification around which is most important the size of the baby or the gestational age. Dr. Decker said that while the size of the baby is important that the most important thing is gestational age because the baby will, in her words, "act their age!" So even though Lacee is measuring smaller she is actually doing the things a 24 week old baby is doing which is good to know. They gave us some more pictures today!
No comments:
Post a Comment