Wednesday, June 22, 2011
June 22nd Drs visit
I had my follow up ultrasound today and the news was not good. Lacee has only grown to 20 weeks in size (that's her growing 1 week in 2 weeks time) and the fluid is still low. About the most positive thing they could say was that the fluid hadn't gotten any lower. So I will come back on June 30th (8 days from today) and they will do a uterine artery doppler. This will determine the blood flow between Lacee and the placenta. If this is not good then they are going to put me in the hospital that day and they will monitor me daily until it reaches the point where Lacee is better out than in and they will deliver. The doctor told me and my mom directly to come prepared to go into the hospital next Thursday as all the signs point that this test will not have good results. She said how long I am in the hospital before delivery depends on how Lacee does and how she is growing. They will give me steroids when I go in to help Lacee's development. So we have a lot to think about and a lot more to process and plan for. I am not sure how we are going to do it. The only thing I do know that we are blessed to have such great family and friends that are supporting us through this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment