Book Bags of Hope is a program in Davie County where they send food home with kids on the weekends so they will have food to eat. It is hard to believe that there are kids going home each weekend with nothing to eat but there are more than you would imagine. Our church participates year round in this program but for IMPACT DAY we are heading up this station. We are trying to collect enough food to put together bags to cover the weekends this summer for the kids participating in the food programs at 3 schools in Davie. IMPACT DAY is June 5th and it will be where we will assemble the bags with the help of the community and then we will deliver them to the schools. IMPACT DAY is much more than this but this is what I am most involved in. Today the other churches in DC were to deliver their food to Hardison so from 2-5:30 I helped collect and sort over 4100 items for the book bags. This sounds like a lot but we needed around 10K to completed the over 3K bags that we need for the summer for these kids. I was walking all over the Family Life Center organizing and sorting! It is really great to help out and Thanks so much to everyone who has donated. We still need a lot more so if you want to help them let me know and I can tell you what we are still in need of! If you would like to help out on June 5th for IMPACT DAY also let me know and I can tell you where you can sign up!
On a personal note I think that I take things to personal and I let things, trivial things irritate me that shouldn't. I am going to try not to but I can't help it sometimes. I just get so irritated with the way some people are so two faced and will act one way to your face and then act another way as soon as you are gone. Or people who will do things that completely contradict what they were just saying they didn't like. I don't know why but these things really get under my skin. OK that is enough of my complaining. I spent most of the day working to help others and I don't need to end it on a bad note by focusing on such negative things.
I am looking forward to my upcoming weekend Beach Trip! Super excited for a vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment