Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Public Libraries

I am piloting a new schedule at work for the next 3 weeks. I will be working 4 10 hour days each week. My hours vary a little each week but I will have off either Monday or Friday each week. I had Monday off this week and after going with Chad to the unemployment office we went to the Davidson County Public Library. Now I haven't been to a public library in years. Heck I haven't been to a library at all since college. We went there so I could get a library card of course to borrow books. Since Chad got laid off we are poor and I can no longer BUY all the books I want to read so I am now going to the public library. All the books I was wanting were checked out. But there were a few others that I had been eying that I got.

I have been reading the Percy Jackson and The Olympians Series. It is a young adult series but the story is really good. The books read fast and I have read the 1st 4 books. The 5th book is not out in paper back yet so I am having to wait on it and I am not very patient but I guess I can deal. These books have also reignited my interest in Greek Mythology and I ended up checking out a book on it. I also got a Kathy Reichs book, Pirate Lattitudes by Micheal Crichton, and Witch and Wizard by James Patterson. I have almost finished Witch and Wizard and its good so far. I love reading. I tend to stay up too late reading and then I pay for it the next day.

On another note I am officially down 21 lbs. YIPPEE!!! Nisee is taking Steps. Most in a row is 5 so shes not really walking but we are on the way! Mamaw isn't doing very well but we are dealing. Work is super busy. That is my life right now.

The pic below is of Nisee wearing her necklaces. She loves to dress up already! I am afraid I have a girly girl on my hands! So much for Chad's little hockey player!



1 comment:

  1. Go you for all your weight loss success... how are you doing it?!?! You lose so easily! I need to get my act together! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete