Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yard Sale and Babies!

The Yard Sale was a great success! We sold a lot of items but we still had a lot left. I had a lot of Nisee's clothes for sale and some other baby items that she doesn't use anymore but very little of this sold. I was surprised because normally baby items go fast. All her stuff is in really good shape too. She had so many clothes that she never wore the same item twice until she was like 6 months old. I still did great and made around $150! It is really helpful with Chad being laid off but its sad when the money will have to go to pay for groceries and bills.

We had a lot of clothing for adults too and most of the summer items sold easily. There was one woman who came and bought over $80 of mine and my sister in law's clothes. She left with 3 trash bags full of clothes! It was so hot though that most of our winter items were left hanging because people didn't want to even pick them up. We had a great location at my Mamaw's in Statesville because she has a great carport and lots of shade trees and we make sure to have everything under those so we would keep people out of the sun. Since we had so much left over we are going have another yard sale in September but this time at My house. We can use my garage and we have good shade on one side too. Maybe this time more of Nisee's stuff will get sold as well as the winter items. I guess this will continue until we don't have anymore stuff to sale. Either way I am really happy about how it turned out.

I also got news from Nicole yesterday. My friend Nicole lives outside of Seattle in FT. Lewis, Washington. She was expecting a baby girl on September 16th. She sent me a text yesterday to let me know that little Juliet Victoria Zukowsi decided to come early Friday July 23rd at 9:21am pacific time (12:21pm here). I talked to Mommy yesterday evening and both baby Juliet and Mommy are doing well. Her birth went well for Nicole but since Juliet was early she will have to stay in the hospital. She was born at 32 weeks and was around 3lbs 11 oz. I am pretty sure that was what Nicole said yesterday. I was so excited that I can hardly remember everything. She is too precious and I am so happy for Nicole! She is going to be the best mommy ever! Her baby shower was supposed to be this coming Saturday but now it has been put on hold and I will get to meet Juliet at her own shower! I can't wait!





There are so many people having babies and pregnant now and it makes me want to have another one so bad. Chad and I had talked about having another baby next year. We will have to see though. It all depends on if he has another job by then. Things are looking good in that area though! We are keeping our fingers crossed!

Yesterday was my Brother in Law Roger's Birthday. We are going to a cookout by the Pool at Chad's Moms house for him today! We are ready for some pool time! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had some luck at your yard sale...I need to have one badly. What a cute little baby too!! We have been talking about having a third child, but I am afraid to with all the people constantly being laid off and everything..I guess if it is meant to be we might have a third one...and I am crossing my fingers that he finds another job:):)

    ReplyDelete