Chad and I were so excited about this pregnancy in the beginning and while we didn't go all crazy but we did talk about what we wanted if it was a boy or a girl and what we wanted to do to the nursery and how we thought he or she would get along with Nisee. Then the bottom fell out. We found out our baby was a she at 17 weeks but it was when I was about 21 weeks along that the news got really bad. That was when the doctors were really worried because all signs pointed to something being wrong with the placenta and they didn't think that I would be able to get Lacee to viability age (24 weeks). It was at this time that all those plans just go away because the only thing you can hope and pray for is your baby to live and to be as healthy as can be. You don't have time to worry about bedding sets or baby showers or cute little outfits and if you do think about those things you feel like it is such a trivial thing to be thinking of that you scold yourself for giving time to anything other than urging your baby to be healthy. Because the doctors were not 100% certain it was the placenta (they were like 99% sure) we were still in this limbo phase. There was still hope that they were wrong and it could be something else like she is just a small baby.
So while we waited and prayed to get to 24 weeks to get here so she would reach viability and so they could verify if it was the placenta or not via uterine artery doppler we see-sawed back and forth between if we should try to prepare and plan for our baby or if we should just wait and see. We were afraid to not plan because we felt that would give more credence to the fact that she wasn't going to make it but we were just as afraid to plan as well. Then my 24 week visit came and we got the best news ever! The doppler was great and they no longer thought it was her placenta! Then at 25 weeks more good news that she had grown well. The good news has continued each week and now I am in my 29th week of pregnancy and we are starting to get excited about this pregnancy all over again. Each time we got news we got a little more excited that all those dreams that had been tossed away were actually still going to happen! It is the most amazing feeling! After the 25 week good news we decided to plan just a little and we got her crib bedding. It is cupcakes! And I bought 1 outfit at about 27 weeks in a premie size and I wouldn't have got it but it was very similar to an outfit Nisee had when she was a newborn!
Another reason I am getting excited is that now we can plan a baby shower for Lacee. The shower is mostly a diaper and wipes shower but she is also going to be premature in size when she is born even at full term so she will need some premie size clothing. However anything anyone wants to get us will be greatly appreciated. Taking from her bedding the shower theme is going to be cupcakes and we are really playing up the purple in the bedding so purple is a part of the theme as well. Also giraffes, yes giraffes! I don't know why but I have been obsessed with giraffes since I got pregnant! Her shower is August 27th at Hardison FLC and I will be 32 and a half weeks along. We are doing the shower a little earlier because the doctors have said that once Lacee reaches 37 weeks they will deliver. I am very thankful to my friends and family who are helping with this shower! Below are some pictures of her Bedding and the outfit I got her as well as a couple pictures of things I just thought were cute!
 |
| Cupcake Bedding 10 Piece Set |
 |
| The cupcakes squares are actually wall hangings |
 |
| Green Polka Dotted Sheets! I LOVE IT! |
 |
| I loved cupcakes so we went with it1 |
 |
| I did not buy this because it was $20 but I just thought it was really cool very realistic cupcake pillow! |
 |
| This is the little outfit that I got for Lacee that looks like one that Nisee had. |
|
 |
| Nisee in her newborn Monkey outfit! I thought it would be cute for them to have similar outfits! |
 |
| No I didn't get this but I thought it was just so Sassy! LOL |
I love it! So happy for you guys! I was going to get that same shirt "my mom doesn't want your advice" But I took a picture instead like you, haha! I thought it was funny but seemed a little mean at the same time. :)
ReplyDelete