Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 20th Dr Visit: Lacee 2 weeks Nisee 2 years

I know I am a little late posting this but better late than never.  Nisee and Lacee both had doctors appointments this past Thursday October 20th.  I got off when taking Nisee to her doctor's appointments and immunizations have to be done so far apart so she had to wait until October to get her 24 months immunizations.   Lacee had to have her 2 week check so I scheduled them together and my mom came with me to help out and I am so glad she did because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it. 

Nisee did much better than I thought she would do.  She did not want to get on the scale to be weighed but we were finally able to get her to do it.  Nisee at 29 months weighs 32 pounds and is 35.5 inches tall.  Her head is 49.5 centimeters around!  Her head and weight are in the 80th percentile and her height is in the 50th percentile.  The doctor was very impressed that she can count to 15 and knows all her ABC's and most of their sounds.  He did say we needed to put her on a multivitamin because of her eating habits.  We try to get her to eat veggies but Grandma Mary is the only one who can get her to eat any veggies.  She loves fruit and yogurt which he said was great but she still needs a little more.  We give her veggies and try our best but she won't touch them and actually pushes them away from her on the table.  We also talked about her speech.  She talks all the time and you can understand most of what she says but from where she has had trouble with her ears her articulation isn't as clear as it would have been.  He said she should continue to improve this because it was corrected and as long as she does continue to improve we shouldn't need to do anything kind of speech therapy.  Other than that we had nothing but a great report for her.  Nisee also did much better with the doctor than I expected.  She does not like doctors or nurses from her experience with all the ear infections.  We will be back on track for her visits from now on out because no more shots are needed until she goes into school! 

Lacee also got a great report. She weighed 4 pounds and 10 ounces which is AWESOME!  She gained 4.5 ounces since her visit the Friday before and is now above her birth weight!   She also has grown .5 inches and is now 17.5 inches!  This is great news for her growth but not her clothes! LOL  Most premie clothes are made for 17 inches only and they are starting to be short on her but the newborn clothes because of her weight are still so big!  Not that I care that much because as long as she is growing then I am a happy mom!  The doctor said she looks great and her heart sounds really good.  Nothing but good news for Lacee as well! She will come back at 2 months for shots and her next follow up! 

We had a great visit and both my girls did great and again I am so thankful to my mom for helping me out!  Next doctors visit is for Lacee on her 2 month birthday on December 6th.  I also want to take a minute to say how much Nisee loves  her little sister!  She is all about Lacee now and we have to keep her off of her because she doesn't realize that she will break.  She is very sweet to her though bringing her stuffed animals, blankets, bottles, and passy's.  She's a good big sister trying to take care of her baby sister! 



No comments:

Post a Comment