Monday, October 24, 2011

Penguins Tutu's part 2 - wrapping tutu in ribbon

So yesterday I finished the tutus and I wasn't sure if I wanted to wrap them in satin ribbon around the waist and finish them off with a bow.  This is an optional step and I didn't have any of the right color ribbon to finish it with.  Then yesterday we went to Wal-mart and so I decided to pick up some black ribbon and at least try my hand at wrapping Lacee's tutu.  Since this is a tri-color tutu to me the satin wrapping doesn't do all that much for the tutu but I do like the bow!  Instructions for wrapping can be found here:  DIY Satin Wrap Tutu .  She wrapped a green tutu with a bright red ribbon and it really worked for her and I think if this was a solid color tutu or even a bi-color tutu with a brighter color ribbon then it would stand out more and look a little better.  I think it looks good just not quite what I was expecting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment