Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lacee's 2 month check up

It is so hard to believe that 2 months ago today Lacee made her entrance into this world and into our lives!  I am happy to say she had a great report today at her doctors office.

I will start with the stats!

Weight:
Birth: 4lbs 7.25 ounces
9 days: 4lbs 5.5 ounces
2 weeks: 4lbs 10 ounces
2 months: 7lbs 10 ounces

Yep that's right she has gained 3 pounds in 6 weeks which is great!

Height:
Birth: 17 inches
2 weeks: 17.5 inches
2 months: 19.5 inches

She also grew 2 inches in 6 weeks!  I knew she had to have grown lengthwise quite a bit because her feet were almost reaching the end of the newborn sleepers and those only go up to 20 inches!

Head Circumference:
2 weeks: 32 cm
2 months: 37 cm

Her head grew 5 cm in circumference which Dr. Bea said was really good.


Percentiles:
Weight: Still not on the chart but following her own growth curve (where have we heard this before)
Height: Still not on the chart but following her own growth curve  (where have we heard this before)
Head Circumference: Huge jump ... at 2 weeks was just above 10th percentile and at 2 months it was just under 25th percentile.  

Dr. Bea was very happy with her progress and said that she was doing well.  She is of course still small but she started out that way and is continuing to grow at a consistent pace which is what we want.  Lacee does have a pretty bad case of baby acne and a little cradle cap but nothing that major.  The worst part of the visit came when it was time for shots.  She did really good with the oral vaccine but she screamed so hard with the 3 shots that I thought she was going to get sick.  I felt so bad for her even I was crying.  She calmed down faster than I expected.  I think it was mostly because she was tired from the visit and she had been awake before we got there and was playing a little.  She spent most of the rest of the day sleeping which is pretty normal.  I did as Dr. Bea about her fussiness at night and she said that it was most likely some colic and gas and she talked about some things to help relieve it.  And they worked great!  I tried them tonight and Lacee responded well and was much less fussy!  

Since she spent most of the day sleeping I didn't take too many pictures but here are a few shots that I took this morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment