Sunday, January 8, 2012

Diaper Cakes

When my sister Tara and my friend Stephanie threw me a baby shower for Nisee I had only seen diaper cakes but I had never even considered making one.  Tara made one for Nisee and it was super cute and she said it wasn't that hard to make.  So as I was taking it apart to use the diapers I took note of what she had done.
 
Nisee's Diaper Cake made by my sister Tara

Then a friend at work was having a baby and I decided to try my hand at making her a diaper cake.  I was very happy with how it turned out.  I put some oneises rolled up in there as well for an additional gift and put a bottle washer and rattle to finish it off!

The 1st Diaper Cake I made
Side Shot
Looks good sitting with the other gifts!
 I enjoyed making it and I got so many complements that I decided to make another one for a friends shower but this time it was for a baby boy!  I had known the dad as he was my neighbor growing up and he loved hunting and fishing so I had to bring that into the cake with camo ribbon!  This time I added more clothing but still kept the other items as well! I had some bigger clothing so I placed it in the center of some of the tiers.

2nd Diaper cake I  made
Back of cake

My Friends with the cake
 My sister made one for Lacee's shower as well and I loved it.  It was smaller than Nisee's but had a lot more stuff in it.

The Front of the cake

Side of cake

I love these Bibs being on the back

The other bib
So why am I posting this now ... well because I have been asked to make one for a friends nieces shower.  I am excited because I like to make them and it has been a while since I made one.  I am going to start working on it today.  This is for a boy and her theme is monkeys!  I am excited to make it.

My friend Nicole made a diaper cake for her sisters shower and I want to try this really bad.  She just followed a tutorial online and I found the same one so I am going to try it soon! I am not doing it for this next shower because I don't want to risk messing it up.  But here is the picture of that cake.

Made by my friend Nicole for her sisters shower
My friend Chessney also makes diaper cakes and she can do the ones in shapes of animals and stuff!  She does a great job too!  She made this one for my best friend aka her older sister's baby shower.
Made by my friend Chessney for her sisters shower
Well I am excited and ready to make this cake!  I will post pictures when I complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment