Friday, January 20, 2012

Monkey Diaper Cake

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this post up!  I have been really busy here lately and extra tired but it has only been 1 week so not too bad!  As I mentioned in my last post about diaper cakes I was asked to make a monkey themed on for a friends nieces shower.  Now with these cakes you can get really expensive depending on what all you put in them so we decided on a budget of $30 in the cake and I decided that I would add $10 toward the cake myself as my gift to the mommy to be.  The cake is simple because that is how I wanted it.  Sometimes simple is much better than having so much going on!  Anyways Hope, Megan, and Kari loved it and I was happy to be a part of a day she is sure to never forget!

Front of Cake - my addition to the cake was the towel and wash cloth set
Back of Cake - that little monkey is a finger puppet
Close up of monkey on top!
Diaper cake and the cake balls and mints I made (see post under Adventures in Baking)  Yes my stuff got its own table, LOL!  Not planned but still looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment