Friday, January 20, 2012

Hair Bow Holders and another Tutu

So being the mom of 2 girls I have a lot of hair bows to keep up with!  I bought one of those hair bow holders for Nisee a few years ago and when I got it home I was like this looks really easy to make so I decided to try my hand at it a few months ago.  I started with some rubber duck wooden craft shapes that were already painted.  Then I just picked out my ribbon and then you just cut the ribbon the length you want and then just hot glue it to the back and don't forget create a way to hang it with ribbon as well. 
The Rubber Duck Bow holders I made!

I had a plain butterfly and I was making gifts so I decided to make one for my friend Nicole's little girl, Juliet.  I also had some wood letters left from the sign I made Lacee so I decided to put her initials on it.  This one was not already painted so I got to paint some which I love!  So I painted both the butterfly and the letters and then I hot glued the letters to it.  Then I hot glued the ribbon to it.  I am very happy with how it turned out!

Juliet's Hair bow holder I made
Close up

I also made Juliet a tutu for Christsmas.  It took me forever to find the right color tulle that Nicole asked for.  Teal is not a common color tulle but I lucked up and found some at JoAnn's the other day randomly!  This is probably my favorite tutu I have made so far! I think it is so pretty! I can't wait to see Juliet playing in it!  The next tutu I am making is for Nisee for valentines day pictures! 

Juliet's tutu close up

Teal and Pink ... too cute color combo


No comments:

Post a Comment