Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Disappointment ... April 27, 2010

Disappointment is defined as a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized; an act (or failure to act) that disappoints someone.

That is what I am... disappointed! Disappointed in myself and that is the worst form of disappointment. I have all these goals and aspirations and wants and dreams and yet I can never achieve them because all I do is disappoint myself. I am not quite sure why I continue to fail. Sometimes I think it is because maybe I really don't want these goals. Maybe I really don't want to be thin and healthy because then what would I have to work for. I mean I have dreamed of being one of those healthy people for so long now that it couldn't be all a lie... Just some figment of my imagination that I really don't want. I don't think so.

I feel so defeated right now. I feel like no matter what I start to do I just can't finish it. I started this blog and couldn't finish that. I started the C25K and didn't finish that. I started losing weight and I had a goal and I never reached that. I just feel like a failure around this goal! THIS goal seems to be the one that I can't reach and I think that it's because it is the hardest. I mean that sounds terrible that I can't do this and yet I can get 2 masters degrees!

I think what is clear is that I need to decide what I want and just do it. BUT HOW?!?!? HOW do I keep that motivation going? I am going to take the rest of today and tomorrow to set some goals and I am going to post them up here and I am asking that you hold me to these goals. The only way this blog is going to work for me is if I know people are going to hold me to what I say I am going to do. Maybe that is the difference between this and my other goals. I am only accountable to myself for this goal but for everything else I had someone else to answer to.

I am going to set my goals tomorrow! I hope to see you all here holding me accountable!

1 comment:

  1. Hollie, I am glad I read this tonight. I think at some point in our lives(and usually more than one point) we all have these feelings. Disappointed in ourselves because we think we can accomplish so much more. But hard work and positive thinking really do help! I hope that you achieve whatever goals you make for yourself!! Just don't give up on what you really want. And always remember that those that love you most are always gonna be there supporting you all the way:)

    ReplyDelete