Friday, April 30, 2010

The Start of My Goals ... April 30, 2010

It took me a while to get these finished but here they are ... Lets hope I can keep up and reach my goals!!! Tell me what you think and be honest! I hope to see you all here keeping up with me and helping to keep me accountable to my goals!!!

My overall goal is to have my weight fall into the healthy weight range for my height and body frame. But what exactly is that?!

According to the calculator for my Ideal Healthy weight I need to enter my height. I am 5ft. 4.5inches tall but the thing only allows 4 inches or 5 inches and depending on which way you go it makes a difference. To calculate your body frame you are to take your first 2 fingers and thumb and see how close they touch. Small frames overlap and touch easy, medium frames barley touch and large frames don’t touch at all. I can get my middle finger and my thumb to touch if I really squeeze around the smallest part of my wrist but my first finger is not getting anywhere close to my thumb. SO what do I do?! Well I got all the numbers to see …

Medium Frame:
5’5” 136-150
5’4” 130-143

Large Frame:
5’5” 146-160
5’4” 140-154

Based on that as long as I weigh between 130-160 then I am in my healthy range. NOT!!! To determine where I think I need to fall for my healthy weight range I overlapped all of the numbers. Not all overlapped but there was a point where 3 of them did so I am using that range to determine my healthy weight range. My Healthy Weight Range based on this information is 140-143. With the exception of the Large Frame 5’5” all others fall into this range.

This is the 1st part of establishing my goals. I have my final destination. I want to weigh between 140-143. That’s great but I am going to have to make smaller goals between now and then so that I can achieve that goal.

My plan is to lose 2 lbs a week through diet and exercise and to reach that weight in 2010. I have done the math and I can achieve this goal by December 31, 2010 and that is including allowing a few weeks for plateaus.

Here are my Goals for the weight loss Portion of this journey:
1) Lose 8 pounds by the end of May for our Beach Trip
2) Lose 10 more pounds by the Fourth of July (total 18 pounds lost)
3) Lose 12 more pounds by August 14, 2010 for my High school Reunion (total 30 pounds lost)
4) Lose 6 more pounds by Labor Day September 6, 2010 (total 36 pounds lost)
5) Lose 16 more pounds by Halloween for Halloween Costume (total 52 pounds lost)
6) Lose 8 more pounds by Black Friday Shopping day (total 60 pounds lost)
7) Lose 10 more pounds by New Years Eve (total 70 pounds lost)

I am also setting myself some exercise goals!!!

My Exercise Goals are:
1) Do some form of physical activity for at least 15 minutes a day. This can be anything from walking to running to yoga.
2) Complete at least 2 weight training workouts a week.
3) Complete at least 2 cardio workouts a week (shooting for 3 but goal to start with is at least 2).

This is my overall Plan to reach my goals!

The 1st Goal I am focusing on is Lose 8 pounds by the end of May for our Beach Trip! This is going to be a challenge because of all the stuff I have coming but I can do it. I will update my progress on the blog as often as I can. I am going to shoot for every day but due to LIFE I might miss a day here and there.

I look forward to your feedback and support! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Go girl! You are very organized, and know excatly where you want to be by when. I think it's great!!!! You can do it! I have faith in my BESTIE! :)

    ReplyDelete