Friday, September 16, 2011

35 Week Growth Scan

Yesterday I had my 35 week growth scan and Lacee once again had as Dr. Mertz put it "good interval growth."  She is estimated as weighing 4 pounds and 1 ounce.  She gained 12 ounces since last scan which is almost as much as a normal sized baby!  She is still measuring over all at 2 weeks behind, to be exact 32 weeks 6 day.  She did dip right down under the 10th percentile this time but because Lacee had good growth, the fluid looks good, and she passed her BPP with flying colors I will get to have another growth scan at 37 weeks and they will NOT deliver exactly at 37 weeks.  Now of course if I go in for my 36 weeks scan and something had dramatically changed then they will re-evaluate and could change that but because she has been doing so well they aren't anticipating that.  Dr. Mertz said that there are a lot of good things that are pointing towards continuing the pregnancy!  Really the only thing going on is her size and Dr. Mertz said that she might just be a small person and even though we know that there is a very small chance it could be something else that all signs are pointing towards her just being small.  I don't know if I have ever mentioned this but Chad's Grandma Hicks and her sisters are all very small.  His Grandma is probably barely pushing 5 ft and her sister is even smaller. So maybe Lacee is just taking after them!  I felt much better after this scan than I did last week.  Nothing to do with the doctors I just think I was ready for a little breakdown.  This time I went in positive and left the same way!  I got a little irritated that it took so long to get my scan just because it was a big scan and I was ready but I am well aware that sometimes you aren't given good news after scans and you might need a while with the doctors in the rooms at this place and I reminded myself that I was one of those people a few times.  I got a few pictures today too and I scanned the pictures from last week so I will post those as well.  We are now up to 77 ultrasound pictures of our baby girl! 

I got to my OB at Thomasville this morning and I will update what they say later today.  I think they might schedule my c-section today which would be cool but I am not sure since Dr. Dorton is out today and I am seeing Dr. Bryson.  But Dr. Bryson specifically said that I should come in Friday after my growth scan so I am going in.  I was just there Wednesday morning for my back.  Yes my back was killing me and Dr. Palmer said that I am not in labor but that I probably strained my back muscles and with the extra weight from the pregnancy and probably some braxton hicks contractions it is making it worse.     I was in major pain and I am still in pain most of the time but it has been feeling a little better.  I think the rest Wednesday really helped it!  Lacee also likes to beat me up!  She has been super active and doing a lot of what I call stretching because it will feel like she is laying sideways and then stretches as far as she can across my belly which doesn't make for a great feeling!  I love to feel her moving and wiggling but this hurts!

34 week Lacee's foot

34 week Lacee Profile

35 week growth chart

35 weeks HAIR! Must be where all this heartburn is coming from! LOL

35 week face shot ... she was laying in a funny position so it was hard to get any good looks at her face

No comments:

Post a Comment