I have been wanting a new tattoo for a long time now! I got my first tattoo in 2005 in November. It was actually the night of my bachelorette party and it was a gift from my husbands Best Man Chris Blaylock who is an AWESOME tattoo artist! He and Chad have been best friends since Chads family moved down here in the early 1980's. It is of 3 fairies who are doing the hear no evil see no evil say no evil but they are all cheating in some way. For example the one is peaking. It took 3 hours just to do the outline and I thought I was dying the entire time! It stretches all the way across my lower back. When anyone asks "does a tattoo hurt?" the answer is always "Hell YES!!!" I have never gotten it colored in. Each fairy should have been a different color. I like it the way it is but I also would like to see it all finished and one day I am going to finish it if I ever stop coming up with new ones that I want!
 |
| My First Tattoo ... just needs color and fleshing out |
 |
| My tattoo inspiration... and I want my colors to be red, green, and purple not blue. |
My second tattoo I got in 2007 when we went to visit Chris at his new shop Electric Karma Tattoo in Murphy, NC. Now anyone who knows me knows that one of my favorite things is Harry Potter. So I had been thinking for about a year that I wanted a Harry Potter tattoo but I needed it to mean something more than just Harry Potter. As most of you know my married initials are HP and my maiden initials are also HP. Yea no monogram changes for me after the wedding LOL! So I decided to get my initials using a cool Harry Potter font. So I searched around for an image and I found one with the H and P and the golden snitch swirling around it and that is what we went with. I was going to have it outlined in red (for obvious reasons to any HP fan) but Chris felt that green would look better and well he was right the green looked awesome and since green is one of my favorite colors I was cool with it! It is about as big as my hand and is located at the base of my neck in the center of my back.
 |
| My 2nd Tattoo |
 |
| Close up of My 2nd Tattoo |
In 2009 I had my first child, Nisee and ever since I have been wanting a tattoo with her name in it. And now that I am pregnant with my next child, Lacee I am even more determined to get a tattoo with their names in it. Before I go any further I want to share my philosophy on tattoos. You should put tattoos in places that can be covered if you need to cover them and in places that you can show them off if you want too. I also do not think stomach tattoos are really a good idea either for obvious reasons. So that being said my tattoos will be located mostly on my back. I would consider a leg tattoo on my thigh or on the tops of my shoulders because those can be covered easily as well. I would also consider a tattoo on my foot but I have heard those are really painful and IDK if I want to do that too my feet! LOL For Chad I would be fine with him getting tattoos on his chest area as well because he can cover them with a shirt if he needs too. He already has them on his back, upper arm, and covering one calf. He also kinda feels the same way as me about this. Once again this is just mine and his opinions and to each their own. Chris has awesome tattoos all over his body and they are great BUT he is a tattoo artist and he isn't trying to make it in corporate America!
Back to my next tattoo! At first I just wanted their names on my back and Chris said that you don't want just a bunch of random things so that got me thinking. Randomly yesterday I figured out what I want and how I can tie in my love of Harry Potter, my HP tattoo, and their names. In the first HP book The Sorcerers Stone, there is a quote about how Harry's mom loved him so much she sacrificed herself to save his life and that her love was so immense that it will give him protection in his very skin. It is a really good quote and I just started thinking about it yesterday and I was like that is how I feel about my girls. My love for them is beyond measure and I will do whatever it takes to try to protect them so my new tattoo will be a shorter version of that quote and then underneath it I am going to get Nisee and Lacee's names and dates of birth. I will leave room just in case we ever have another child so that I can add their name and DOB as well. I want the tattoo to flow across my back from one side of my HP tattoo to the other. It's hard to explain but hopefully I will be able to get it done one day soon and then you can just see it! I also want it in a cool font that I found! Here is the font I want and the quote.
 |
| My 3rd Tattoo wording and font! I listed Lacee's DOB as the 13th b/c if they deliver at 39 weeks that is the day! :) |
However the only person who will ever tattoo me is Chris and with a toddler and a newborn it's going to be hard to get to Murphy! Murphy is 5 hours from here and that is a pretty long trip to take the kids on and then there is the issue with money. Good Tattoos aren't cheap but maybe we can swing a mountain vacation next summer! It would be a lot of fun to go visit and My mom and Dad are talking about getting a motor home so maybe we could talk them into letting us borrow their motor home if they actually get one and if they have it by then! So when I say I probably won't ever get it I am exaggerating I just mean that it won't be anytime really soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment