Saturday, September 17, 2011

OB visit Friday Sept. 16th

So I had an OB visit yesterday morning and I saw Dr. Bryson again because Dr. Dorton was out.  Actually Dr. Dorton was on vacation and all 3 other doctors were out delivering babies so only Dr. Bryson was there but my appointment was with him so I didn't have to wait too long but it was a little longer than normal.  We did the normal OB stuff and then we discussed how they do this scheduling a c-section thing.  He said that if I was going to deliver at Thomasville that they needed to get me scheduled and I said since I have reached 37 weeks and Lacee physically looks fine just small that I am going to deliver at Thomasville which was my 1st choice all along unless I had to deliver early.  He said that since Dr. Dorton is the one who I wanted to deliver me that I would schedule with him.  He said he could schedule me but that it is best for the doctor doing it to schedule it.  He said I would most likely be scheduled between 38 and 39 weeks but that I had to discuss exactly how close to either end with Dr. Dorton.  For those who like dates that is October 6th (38 weeks) through October 13th (39 weeks).   Dr. Bryson also asked if they had done any NST's (Non Stress Test) on Lacee and I said no they just do the ultrasound BPP, AFI, and Dopplers.  This is probably because they aren't delivering and because I am a repeat c-section but Dr. Bryson wanted to do an NST just to make sure.  The results of the NST can help determine if you need to deliver sooner than later.  IUGR babies often do not do well during labor and most IUGR babies end up being delivered via c-section.  However Lacee did really well during the NST and her results were a "reactive NST" which is what they want.  If she did not do well they might want to deliver early to avoid there risk of me going into labor on my own and causing her distress but since she did well we might actually get to October 13th.  Dr. Bryson wanted me to meet with Dr. Dorton 1st thing next week so I have an appointment on September 19th early in the morning to schedule my c-section.  So another post will be coming about Lacee's arrival date next week!

With Nisee by the time I got to 37 weeks I was so ready for her to be here that I would have given anything to go into labor with her but here I am with Lacee just hoping she gets to stay in there until 39 weeks.  I guess its just the difference in the pregnancies.  Nisee's was so normal except for the sciatica but that was me.  Lacee's has been an experience in prayer and patience.  It is so hard to believe that just 3 months ago we were just hoping she was going to make it to viability and the doctors weren't even sure that was going to happen. Each week the news got better and better and she was excelling in her BPP scores and she just kept growing.  I know doctors have to prepare you for the worst and personally I am glad they did because it just makes her continued success even better!  So I guess because throughout this pregnancy it has been a constant wait and see game as to how long she is going to be in my tummy, to have her in there to 39 weeks would just be the most awesome thing ever!!! It would still be pretty awesome to have her in there to 38 weeks too though.  Either way she has over come a lot and she is our little miracle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment