Monday, September 5, 2011
My Baked Spaghetti
I am no great chef by any means but there are some things that Chad says I am good at making. I don't make it all by scratch but I do add my own flair to things. I wish I had the time to make things from scratch but you can use some pre-made ingredients and by adding things to it you can make it almost your own. My baked spaghetti is just a way that we have found that we really like it and I thought I would share. It's a really easy recipe if you want to call it that.
Ingredients:
1/2 box Angel Hair Pasta
1 lb. Hamburger
1 Jar Traditional meat free spaghetti sauce
garlic powder
onion powder
chili powder
oregano
italian seasoning
pepper
salt
parmesean cheese
mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Boil 1/2 a box of angel hair pasta (Add 2 tablespoons butter in the water to keep noodles apart)
Fry 1 pound of hamburger no more than 90/10 lean and while frying add about 1 tsp of onion powder, salt and pepper to taste (we like a lot of pepper so I tend to add a lot of pepper).
In a sauce pan mix the traditional sauce (fill jar about 1/4 way with water and place lid back on and shake up, add that too the sauce in the pan... the excess water bakes out when you put it in the oven). Add about 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, pinch of oregano, pinch Italian season, salt and pepper to taste (again we had quite a bit of pepper). I really don't measure them exactly I just add them to taste but these are about the amounts I use. Heat using a cover to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Drain the hamburger and add it to the sauce mix and keep simmering covered for another 10 minutes. Drain the noodles really well and add them back to the pot they were boiled in. Then pour in the sauce mixture. Use a spoon and mix the noodles and sauce together well. Pour into a glass dish and place in the oven for 15 minutes. While spaghetti is in the oven then in a small bowl mix together one package of mozzarella cheese and a 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese. Remove the spaghetti from the oven and sprinkle the cheese mixture over the top of the spaghetti and put it back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
And that is my baked spaghetti! It makes my husband happy and I think its yummy so it works for my little family! If you try it I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment