Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Grandparents Day!

Today was not only the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 but also Grandparents Day.  This is the 1st Grandparents day that I have spent without my Mamaw Evalene and my Papaw Lester.  It is hard to believe that this time last year I had 3 grandparents to wish Happy Grandparents day to and today I only have 1.  We spent a lot of the afternoon with Nanny Peg which we always do on Sunday but today was especially important to me and to her.  I really miss Mamaw and Papaw but I am so Thankful that I still have Nanny!
Happy Grandparents day!
Me and Nisee with Nanny Peg and Papaw Lester Easter 2011

The Last picture I have of me and Mamaw Evalene



I was cooking dinner for Nisee to spend time with her Grandparents today but my Dad had to work and my mom was out of town so only Chad's Mom got to come over but we still had a great dinner.  I made Hamburger Steaks, Scalloped Potatoes, Fried Pickles (yes I am addicted), and for dessert Pink Champagne Cake. Again I substituted the champagne with sparkling grape juice.  I decorated it really pretty so I had to take a picture!

Pink Champagne Cake I made for Grandparents Day

No comments:

Post a Comment