So I haven't made cake balls or cake pops in a long time. Actually the last time I made them was for Brittany's baby shower for Westen in March. I didn't just want to make Fall Cake Balls or Pops I wanted to try my hand at shapes! I have seen many cake pops in shapes and I decided that I wanted to try it out. To make cake ball shapes you use cookie cutters to cut out the shapes and then you dip them in the chocolate. It didn't sound all that hard so I thought so I will try it out! Well it didn't turn out quite as I had pictured in my mind in the end.
 |
| Pre-Dip cake balls cut out |
Things were going well as you can see with the cutting out of the cake ball shapes. I have leaves, acorns, apples, pumpkins, and even a few balls in there. I thought they looked really good. Then came the chocolate work and normally I am really good at working with chocolate but tonight it just wasn't working like I wanted it too. They turned out OK but just not what I was seeing in my mind. BUT this is my 1st time so maybe next time I will get better. I also think that instead of cake balls I am going to do cake pops for easier dipping.
 |
| Fall Cake Balls |
 |
| Pumpkins |
 |
| Leaves |
 |
| Apples |
They don't look terrible but definitely not my best. They are spice cake with cream cheese icing. Chad says they taste great so I guess that is really what matters but I still want them to look just as good as they taste! I still have the apples, acorns, maple leaves, and regular leaves chilling in the fridge waiting to be dipped. Since things weren't going so well I decided to wait and try again later in the week to finish.
They look AWESOME!!!! I really want some...
ReplyDeleteMiss Y'all!