Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lacee's Room Day 1 Progress

So the plan this weekend is to get Lacee's room painted!  Thanks to VOC free paint that is safe for pregnancy and that also has a really low smell and of course we had great ventilation, I was able to help Chad in painting the room.  Mostly I worked on the middle of the walls but any help I was able to provide he really appreciated!  See Chad hates painting! I don't mind the actual painting part I just hate the set up and clean up but this room was a dingy white color and Lacee needed a new colorful room!  Her bedding is mostly pink and green with purple accents so we decided to play up the purple.  Plus I have this thing for purple right now.  We went with a pale purple.  Here are some shots from today's work!


wall 1 down

Chad working on Wall 2 ... See the ugly white and yes the fan is going away too!

same wall where chad was with some trim work done

Opposite corner

Chad finished trimming around the edges

Little alcove also painted

Well folks that is Day 1 and tomorrow we are going to be doing coat #2 and then we have to paint the moldings and baseboards white!  I am excited to see her room all finished! I will update with Day 2 photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment