Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 17

Well today was my 1st attempt back at work. It did not go so well. I was up aching all night last night and got very little sleep. I still felt terrible and it took all I had to get dressed and there were a few times as I drove the 25 mile stretch to my job that I contemplated turning around. I continued to work thinking that I just needed to get used to doing more. However I had a new symptom now. Hot and cold spells. One minute I would be freezing and the next sweating. I began to wonder if what I really had was food poisoning.

Once at work I caught up on the 100 emails I had from being out while waiting on our on site Employee Health Services center to open at 9:30. I went straight there to see what was going on. After a long talk and going over all my symptoms and the doctor going to get a mask, Yes I said a MASK ... she told me I have a virus. She did not think it was the H1N1 because I am not running much of a fever. She did say that my symptoms sound like a form of the flu virus that the vaccines do not guard against. I have had my flu shot by the way. So she wrote me out not to come back until I was asymptomatic.

The worst part of this whole experience for me is the body aches and pains. My head and body feel like they are one big bruise. Just sitting and laying hurts. My brain is ready to go but my body is not. Its very hard. I have been spending limited time on the computer b/c it hurts to stick my arms out and type. I get spurts of energy but then I burn out very fast. I hate not being able to do what I want to do.

I also hate the fact that when I am holding Nisee I was told to wear a mask. Most likely she would have gotten it by now but she didn't want to take any chances so a mask it is. As bad as I feel right now I will do what I have to do hope she doesn't get this. She has been very fussy tonight though so it makes me worried.

I have been reading a great book lately. It is Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell. If you like the Scarpetta Series of hers then you will like this book. She is one of my favorite authors.

Food for today:
Breakfast
Nothing (I was with the Dr)

Lunch
JELLO Fat Free Vanilla Pudding Snack 100 cal
16 items PRINGLES Fat Free Original Potato Crisps 140 cal

PM Snack
16.0 Fl Ozs Apple Juice 230 cal
16 items PRINGLES Fat Free Original Potato Crisps 140 cal

Dinner
Ramen Noodles Chicken Flavor 380 cal
15 Saltine Crackers 195 cal

Late Snack
Weight watchers Giant fudge bar 110 Cal
100 cal 3 musketeers

Exercise:
Does walking from the bathroom to the couch to the bed count? No exercise for me again today.

I am so ready to get back to normal. I despise being sick!

Total intake: 1395
Total burn: 2213
Total deficit: 818

No comments:

Post a Comment